Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I Passively Aggressively Pulled My Groin

Last night I went to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs concert which, as per usual, made me fall in love with the group all over again. Karen O has got this energy to her that no one can rival. The crowd though - I could've done without. The teenagers and just-turned-21-year-olds made me want to claw my eyes out with used needles. 

I'm not sure if it's because I'm short, or because people think their shit doesn't stink (or a combo of the two) but these whores kept trying to push past me as they turned their noses up. It took everything I had not to waste my beer on them by pouring it down the back of whatever Project Runway shit they thought they were wearing.

Later in the night, towards the end of the set, a girl led her boyfriend to stand right in front of me where they hadn't been the entire show. This left me without the ability to see even the slightest glimpse of Karen O or her outfit. This made me mad. So, I did what I always do: get passive aggressive. I don't think it should take me saying something for these idiots to move - so I dance pretty much on top of them. The girl looked at me like I was crazy but damn they moved so quickly I felt really good about myself. Plus, I was burning lots of calories and getting my calve raises in. The problem is, I totally pulled my groin, to the point that it hurts to walk today. I'm sure some of you will be all, "Well that's what you get for jumping around on top of those people." Don't make me slap you, those fools deserved it.

So here I am in pain. But I bring you good news, my hard work paid off last week and I lost 2.2 pounds and am down to 142.2. This week, I haven't been working very hard and I sure as hell have been drinking a bunch so if I break even I'll be happy.

In some cool news, I bought the new EAS Active game and started playing it today. It's way better than the Wii Fit for an overall workout even if I don't find it as strenuous as I would like. I need to play around with it a bit but I love that it has a flowing workout instead of needing to pause after each exercise to select something else to do. You can create your own workout or you can select a pre-made workout they put together. Kudos to the peeps who put it together. 

In honor of the show last night - here is the Yeah Yeah Yeah's adorable video for "Zero"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hear No Evil